Saturday, February 6, 2010

What Is Your Kid's School Bus Driver Listening To?


Last night while traveling the 64 from Williamsburg to Richmond, in one of the worst rain storms imaginable, the kids and I were drowning out the sounds of rain by singing loudly to our favorite tunes. Hubby kept looking at his phone, bored from the "girl music" he attests. My eldest daughter mentioned that on the way home from school today, they heard this we were singing on the bus.

When she first mentioned they listened to music on the bus, I was a little shocked. I really never thought that school buses had radio's on them; I figured it a safety thing. Her bus driver likes the same type of music we do, she told me.
As she went on, she exclaimed that when she rode the bus home with a friend on the way to a sleepover, her driver "blares the music. She loves to listen to rap."

This got me thinking about other bus driver's and what they listen to. What are they jamming to as they get students to and from home to school and back? As a parent, we have a right to know about the education our children are getting at school but, have you ever thought about what is being played on the bus that transports them there?

I bet you haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment